Quick Start Guide
Logging on as Administrator
- Start the MailStore Client application.
- The access credentials required for a newly-installed MailStore
- Server show up automatically in the login window.
- Click OK to log on.
- When you log on for the first time, you need to confirm that MailStore Server is a trusted source. Again, click OK here.
Install Test License
You are required to enter a product key after you have logged on for the first time. You now have the
choice of installing either the test license you were emailed after downloading the free trial version or
a license you have purchased. MailStore then restarts, and again you need to log on as admin.
For security reasons, make sure to change the admin user’s password after launching MailStore for
the first time. To do this, proceed as follows:
- Click Administrative Tools > Users and Privileges > Users.
- Double-click admin for user.
- Click Password....
- Enter your new password and click OK.
- Exit the User Properties by clicking OK.
Note: If you leave the password set to admin, you will not be able to log on remotely to MailStore as
an admin user. This setting is for security reasons.
It may be more economical to synchronize users with a directory service rather than creating them
manually, depending on your system environment. In addition to Active Directory and generic LDAP
support, MailStore Server also enables you to synchronize users from a mail server. If your initial
archiving needs only encompass a single mailbox or email files (such as a PST file), manual user
creation is entirely adequate.
Option 1: Synchronize Users
To set up synchronization with a directory service in MailStore Server, proceed as follows:
- Click Administrative Tools > Users and Privileges > Directory Services.
- Change the Directory Services Type to the directory service that matches your environment. * Next, enter the required settings for the selected Directory Services Type. In-depth descriptions of these settings are provided in the MailStore Server help section.
- Optional: Click Default Privileges... to view and specify privileges for new users provided from a directory service.
- To test your entries, click Test Settings and check the results.
- To synchronize, and thereby create the users, click Synchronize Now.
Option 2: Create Users Manually
To create users manually, proceed as follows:
- Click Administrative
- Tools > Users and Privileges > Users.
- Click Create New....
- Enter a user name for the new user and confirm with OK.
- In the next window, enter the full user name and click the Password... button to specify a MailStore password for the new user.
- Click OK to apply the settings and exit the User Properties.
Note: Manually-created users are permitted to archive email by default.
Archiving Management based on Profiles
In MailStore Server, email archiving is controlled using archiving profiles. An archiving profile
contains the following data:
- What is archived (for example, a specific mail server)
- How much is archived (for example, specified mailboxes or a specific folder within a mailbox)
- Additional settings such as deletion rules (these settings are disabled by default, enabling
- you to safely test MailStore in live operating environments)
Note: Archiving profiles can either be run manually or according to a schedule, and they can be
modified or deleted at any time. This has no effect on previously-archived emails.
Note: In MailStore Server, archived emails are always associated with specific users and stored in the
corresponding user archives.
Archiving Your First Email
MailStore users who are assigned the required privileges by the MailStore Administrator are able to archive individual mailboxes, local email client profiles, and email files. Administrators are additionally able to centrally archive email for several or all users. Archiving profiles such as Multiple Mailboxes can be used for this purpose. To get to know MailStore, we recommend first archiving a single mailbox or a local email client profile. To do this, proceed as follows:
- Click Archive Email.
- In the Create Profile area, select the source for archiving your email.
- You can then specify the properties of the archiving profile using the Setup Wizard provided.
- The last page in the Setup Wizard dialog box provides a Finish button, which you need to click in order to run the archiving profile.
- After archiving is complete, you can immediately access the archived emails using the folder structure provided on the left of the window. The archiving profile you have just created is now displayed in the Saved Profiles list. From here, you can run it whenever it is required.
Note: If you are logged on as the MailStore Administrator while setting up the archiving profile, you can also specify the user archive in which the emails are stored. If you are logged on as a regular user, this is always your own user archive.
User Access to the Archive
Users can access their individual user archives in a variety of ways. Click the Install MailStore Client
on other Computers link on the desktop to access the installers for MailStore Client and the MailStore
Via MailStore Client
With MailStore Client, users can access MailStore Server from any computer in the network. With this
option, users can search and view emails that have been archived specifically for them. Additionally,
users with the corresponding privileges can use MailStore Client to archive emails themselves.
Via the MailStore Outlook Add-In
The MailStore Outlook add-in provides an additional toolbar in Microsoft Outlook that permits easy
access to the archive.
Via Other Email Clients
MailStore Server includes an integrated IMAP server for users who need to access the archive
independently of the operating system. This way, the archive can be accessed from Mac OS and
Linux workstations as well as from most mobile devices. In this case, the archive is accessed like a
regular mailbox (read-only).
Via an Internet Browser (MailStore Web Access)
MailStore Web Access provides users with access to the archive via any Internet browser. No
additional software needs to be installed on the user computers. Simply enter http:/ /
servername:8461 in your browser (for an encrypted connection, enter https:/ / servername:8462).
Make sure to replace servername with the actual name of the computer where MailStore Server is
Via Smartphone (iPhone, Android, Windows Phone, etc.)
MailStore Mobile Web Access lets users access the archive from any location via their smartphone.
Mobile Web Access also provides a search function, as well as allowing users to access the folder
structure and view the archived emails