Convert to PDF
The Convert feature makes a PDF copy of a file. It works with many kinds of files, including most office formats (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, WordPerfect, etc.). It can also convert a PDF file to a TIFF image. To use this feature:
- Select the file in the Manage view, OR ...
Open a PDF or TIFF in the Edit view
- Click PDF Actions > Convert to PDF
- Provide a filename for the PDF
- Click OK
A PDF copy of the file will be created in the same drawer/folder where the original file is.
One common reason for making a PDF copy is to send an uneditable file to a client or customer. In Enterprise Organizer Pro Professional, you can send originals as PDF copies – the conversion happens automatically. See E-mailing Files for more information.
Print to PDF
As an alternative to the Convert feature, Enterprise Organizer Pro includes a PDF "printer" to help you create PDFs from other programs. For example, to make a PDF file out of a Word document:
- Open the document in Word
- From Word’s File menu, select Print ...
- For the printer, select Enterprise Organizer Pro PDF Printer
- Print the document
- When prompted, choose where to save the PDF file
Advanced PDF Conversion
There are more conversion options available through the Advanced Conversion feature, including multiple-file conversions. See Advanced PDF Conversion for more information.