Access the preview settings from the Settings button > Preview option.
Enterprise Organizer Pro offers a built-in previewer to let you look at files without opening them. See File Preview for more information. There are a number of previewer-related options:
Location of Preview
By default, the previewer will appear at the bottom of Enterprise Organizer Pro. Alternatively, you can have the previewer appear on the right side of Enterprise Organizer Pro next to the Files list, or you can have the previewer open in its own window so that you can place it anywhere on your screen.
Preview Format for Text Files
There are three different viewers available for previewing text-based files (like word processor files): HTML, RTF and ANSI Text, described below. Use the Preview Format for Text Files option to determine which viewer will be used when previewing files.
- The default viewer shows the document contents as HTML text. This gives very good reproductions of document formatting. Spreadsheets will display as tables. It also allows for hit navigation in Enterprise Organizer Pro search results (see Using Search).
- The Rich Text Format viewer shows the document contents as RTF text. This reproduces some formatting, but less than HTML. It does not, however, require a browser and avoids some possible Internet security conflicts.
- The ANSI viewer shows the document contents as plain text. This does not show any formatting at all; it simply displays the raw text. This is a very fast, lightweight viewer.
NOTE: For Enterprise Organizer Pro Professional users there is an enhanced previewer that will be used by default for text files. If you want to switch to the text previewer listed above, use the Text Only button on the preview window’s toolbar.
There are three previewers available for PDF Files:
- The Standard previewer is a fast, no-frills PDF previewer.
- If you have Adobe Acrobat installed (Reader or the full version), Enterprise Organizer Pro can embed Acrobat in the preview window, just like it is embedded in a web browser when viewing PDF files on the web.
- Enhanced PDF
- This option will use Enterprise Organizer Pro’s own built-in PDF editor for previewing files.
NOTE: While previewing a PDF file, you can also switch to Text Preview mode to see just the text in the PDF file.